Wings by Aprilynne Pike


Release Date: 2009
Publishers: HarperCollins Children's Books
Format: Paperback
Pages: 361
My Rating: 4/5

Laurel has always lived as an ordinary girl - but now something is happening to her. Something magical

In this enchanting tale of magic, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever.

Meet Laurel. She has been home-schooled her whole life and now that she has moved to Crescent City her parents are making her attend High School. Although seen as an outcast to some she soon befriends Chelsea and David. One day she notices a lump on her back and her life takes a turn for the worst or best when petals begin to sprout out of her back that look like wings...

Confiding in David they help her get through her days of having a flower on her back, however surviving a school dance is the least of Laurel's worries. Going back to her home in Orick she meets a guy named Tamani, a mysterious and alluring creature who tells her the truth about who Laurel really is. Laurel's life takes an unfortunate twist from good to bad as her father becomes life-threatingly ill and a man called Jeremiah Barnes is very eager to buy their old property...

********************
My Best Friend introduced this series to me, and at first I must admit I was not too bothered about reading it. However when I picked it up and began reading I was hooked. I've now probably read this book about 4 to 5 times as the series has grown. What I like about this series is that it is different from what most Young Adult/Teen books contain. When my friend first showed me the books we found them in the 7-12 section of our local bookstore and after reading Wings, I believe the booksellers misjudged the cover. It is clearly as Teen novel or possibly for 12years and up? Just my opinion. I thoroughly enjoyed this novel, it has romance, action, adventure, tension...pretty much a bit of everything and of course a enigma to lead on to the next book in the series.

Also like to add that I can picture this really cute novel being made into a movie. Hint hint!


(Yes I have changed my rating as the Popcorns were too specific and too hard to choose where as Out of 5 seems simple and easier to define).

Enjoy x

Author's Website:  Aprilynne Pike
GoodReads:  Wings 

Available in most book stores and online now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge