Stick It (2006)

Director: Jessica Bendinger
Genre: Comedy/ Drama
Cast: Jeff Bridges, Missy Peregrym, Vanessa Lengies, Kellan Lutz
Certificate Rating: PG
My Rating: 5/5

You Gotta Bend The Rules To Win The Game. 

When Haley Graham has yet another run in with the police she finds herself in court with two options, unfortunately only one of those choices are hers to take, gymnastics. Haley finds herself against her family and the world as she is made to attend the VGA,  a gymnastic academy, away from her friends. With a background of walking out of her Olympic gymnastics no one takes kindly to Haley. However she decides it's time to make a difference.

*************
This is a brilliant movie!! One of my all time favourites. A true girl power, we can do anything movie.

The characters are amazing, especially Haley Graham as throughout the film you understand why she has become who she is and why she never intended to go back to gymnastics. Her two guy friends Frank and Poot were hilarious and portrayed stereotypical guys i.e. googling at the girls.
The gymnasts also had interesting personalities, I liked the fact that they weren't all stuck up and one of my favourite scenes that always makes me smile is where they are all shopping for prom dresses and the girls (and Poot) cartwheel and do gymnastics in prom dresses around the store.

I liked the fact that no one really gave Haley any sympathy to begin with, but because she had been a gymnast before she knew how to better not only herself but everyone else and in the end they joined together to form on bad-ass team who tell the judges to 'Stick It'.

I think another reason why I love this movie is because I can't do gymnastics to save my life and I think it's so fascinating watching them on the beam and the other apparatus. The movie shows how hard gymnastics really is, people misjudge it as an easy sport, but it really isn't you have to fly through the pain and struggle to be at your best. This is one film I'd happily watch again and again.

Enjoy x

IMDb: Stick It 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge