Game of Thrones Season 1 (2011)

Creators: David Benioff, D.B. Weiss
Genre: Fantasy/Drama/Adventure
Cast: Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harrington, Maisie Williams, Lena Headey, Sean Bean
Certificate Rating: 18
Rating:  5/5

You Win Or You Die


Several noble houses fight a civil war over who should be king, while an exiled princess tries to find her place in the world, and the kingdom is threatened by some rising supernatural threat in the north. Boom.
(Credit to Shmoop   otherwise I would not have been able to sum this programme up!)

**************
Ok, I know I'm a bit late on the Game of Thrones scene but my friend has been ranting and raving about it for months and has been moaning because I haven't seen it yet. So I have started, but you know... better late than never, right?! I have just finished Season 1 and wow this is a good series. I'm not as addicted to it as my friend but I'm sure I will be once I begin to watch Seasons 2 and 3.

The characters are amazing, some I love and some I (obviously) hate. I love characters like Tyrion Lannister, Arya Stark (!!!!), Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow. Tyrion being the hilarious imp that goes against the personality trait his family has. Arya is just a bad-ass girl who wants to help fight for her family name. Daenerys is bad-ass too, I mean she has dragons!! Then there are the characters I don't like: Joffrey Baratheon (he needs a good slap in the face) and Jaime and Cersei Lannister, who are a bit messed up...especially Cersei. It's a bit of a shame they killed off Ned Stark (Sean Bean) as I was expecting him to have a more important role in future events, same with Khal Drogo. Maybe my view on some of the characters could change but when I was watching the series I was definitely not agreeing with the Lannister's and their way of life.

Overall this series is amazing and is definitely worth the hype. It has a brilliant story line and I can't wait to see where it is going. You do have to pay attention and remember what was happening as it is a multiple narrative story but its brilliant and works so well.

Enjoy x

IMDb: Game of Thrones 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge