The Spiderwick Chronicles (2008)

Director: Mark Waters
Genre: Family Adventure
Cast: Freddie Highmore, Sarah Bolger, Seth Rogan,
Certificate Rating: PG
My Rating: 4/5

You don't see us. Now you do. But only if we want you to.



The Grace children move into the Spiderwick Estate with their mother to start afresh. However Jared, the mischievous one out of the twins, finds Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide and the children are pulled into a world full of goblins, ogres and faeries.

*********************
I absolutely love this movie! It's perfect for children as well as adults. I'd happily put this movie on whenever I love the fantasy side to this narrative and the creatures have been stunningly made via special effects. The Spiderwick Chronicles is a brilliant movie with a adventurous story line, beautiful creatures and of course a happy ending.
The film is based upon the series The Spiderwick Chronicles by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black and although I have not read all of the series...I shall be. This is a fantastic story which any age will be captivated by. What I especially like is the way rhymes are used to convey some of the creatures dialogue/language.

Overall amazing film. Not quite a 5/5 but still one of my all time favourites!

Enjoy x

IMDb: The Spiderwick Chronicles 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge