May Favourites

Hello again,

It has come to that time again. The time of monthly favourites.
Is it me or did the month of May go super quick?

Any way let's begin with the things I have been loving for the month of May.

Just a quick note: Sorry I haven't been on here much, I have been super busy but I promise I'll post more reviews!!



Artist: Michael Buble - He has returned... With his first two singles off his album To Be Loved 'It's a Beautiful Day' and 'Close Your Eyes'. Both songs beautiful in their own way; 'It's a Beautiful Day' being a pop song that can cheer anyone up and make them sing along to the chorus.  Yes I do that every time I hear it. As he called it, a Taylor Swift style song, writing about getting over someone, perfect for all. 'Close Your Eyes' is the complete opposite, a beautiful melody, so calming and I love listening to it when I'm about to sleep as it's one you can listen to to just rewind and relax. What else is there to say about Buble...he's amazing! I'm also really loving the album and became quickly excited that he had done a cover of 'You've Got A Friend In Me' from Toy Story!!

Album: DEMI by Demi Lovato. One word: Fantastic. This album has a bit of everything, quite literally. DEMI has a mix of pop songs, including those you could find being pumped out of club speakers (Neon Lights) and then Lovato's classic soulful songs like 'Nightingale' and 'Warrior' there isn't a song on this album that I wouldn't listen to. Amazing 5/5. Another CD that will be the album of the Summer for me. This album will never be overplayed.

Book: Dash & Lily's Book of Dares  The month of May has been a bad reading month, due to exams and studying. I'm still currently reading Life of Pi, but during this book I really wanted to read Dash and Lily's Book of Dares. I know what you're thinking wrong season? I know but I read it and I loved it, it will be one to read every Christmas.
For more information on this novel I did a review click here.

Film: We Bought A Zoo I recently watched this film on Sky Movies and loved it so much I went and bought the DVD. It's an amazing film about how life brings changes, some bad and some good. The fact that the film was based upon the novel We Bought A Zoo by Benjamin Mee which is based upon Dartmoor Zoo, Devon, England is amazing. And who doesn't love zoos? I love this film and it has slowly become one of my favourites - to be fair I have a lot of favourites.  I thought the actors were incredible, even the animal actors, they become amazing personalities within the film. Expect a review!!

Musical: Les Miserables I dreamed a dream in time gone by..... Yes who doesn't love this musical? I admit it might not be everyone's cup of tea but the cast are amazing, the songs are amazing and it just gets your blood pumping every time you watch it. It is definitely one of my favourite musicals. The only down side to it, and its not really a down side at all, is that it is a long musical (the book is huge and of course the theatre production is long too) so you do have to find the time to watch it but it is an AMAZING musical. 


TV Series: Hannibal Now when I first saw the trailer for this television series I was like "Woah!". I don't know much about Hannibal Lecter and his world, I haven't seen the Anthony Hopkins movies either but the story revolving Dr. Lecter does indeed intrigue me. This series is blooming brilliant! If you like murder solving programmes such as CSI, where Lawrence Fishburne also stars, then you sure will love Hannibal. One thing I really love about this programme is the audience being one step ahead of the smart guy and you're just waiting for him to solve the best question. The programme is full of enigmas and it's brilliant!! If you've missed it I really recommend you find somewhere to catch up!! 

Favourite Songs: Stooshe - Slip
                            Olly Murs - Dear Darlin'
                            Passenger - Let Her Go
                            Demi Lovato - Neon Lights
                            Room 94 - Chasing The Summer
                            Michael Buble - Close Your Eyes
                            Lawson ft. B.O.B - Brokenhearted
                            Union J - Carry You
                            Bastille - Pompeii
                            Janoskians - Best Friends

Nail Varnish: Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Blueberry. It's an amazing blue. I don't normally wear blue nail varnish but this colour is perfect. In this image I have teamed it with Barry M Aqua Glitter which I absolutely love.


What are your favourites for the month? Feel free to leave comments.

Enjoy x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge