June Favourites

Wow Guys it's been such a long time since I've done one of these. What is it, just under a year since my last one? Crazy! Just shows that time does fly when you're busy growing up *enter sad emoji here*. Anyway here we go with my favourites for the month of June...




Artist: George Ezra
I have become obsessed with George Ezra's music ever since hearing 'Budapest'. After hearing it for the first time I had the chorus stuck in my head for the whole day. In which of course to get rid of something being stuck in your head, you listen to it, so I did…about 10 times in a row. I know I couldn't help it. Ezra's voice is amazing he has a timeless voice, he doesn't sound like a 21 year old, his voice is much deeper and the song 'Budapest' is very soulful and bluesy in which you could have it as background music or listen to it countless times a day… like myself. It is literally one of my favourite songs of all time now.
And to this day I have not got bored of his song, I still continue to listen to it, maybe only about 4 times a day, ok sometimes more but usually less than ten times in a row. Like today I have listened to it twice already. I seriously recommend that if you like Budapest then you should check out the rest of his songs, they are all awesome. I cannot recommend him enough and praise his music enough! He is the artist of the summer for me.
George Ezra's album is already out (released on 30th June) - Yes I have bought it!
Here's a link to George Ezra's Budapest music video.
George Ezra's website.

Album: The Vamps - Meet The Vamps
This album has been on repeat all month! The Vamps, who formerly started on YouTube have become a hit since releasing 'Can We Dance' then following 'Wild Heart' and 'Last Night'. There album has songs that follow these releases as well as slow love songs and The Vamps pretty much wrote most of their songs on the album with some help from friends like Tom Fletcher (High Hopes) and Bruno Mars (Last Night). Every song is one you'll find yourself singing along to and it's overall a happy summer album, which yes will be one of the albums that will stay in my car this summer. The Vamps are becoming so popular, previously opening for the likes of Selena Gomez, The Wanted and Taylor Swift, they have already sold out their arena tour which is happening this September. If you like happy, uplifting music that will make you dance I suggest you check out these boys.
Check out The Vamps


Book: Divergent - Veronica Roth
I won't say much about this novel as I previously did a review on it. All I'm going to say is it's amazing! A truly brilliant dystopian young adult novel. If you like a dystopian society, futuristic technology, action and of course romance then you should love Divergent.
I did a review of Divergent here.

Films: The Fault In Our Stars
So the very muchly anticipated movie adaptation of John Green's best selling novel 'The Fault In Our Stars' finally hit cinemas, to which I believe it was a huge success. If you haven't read the novel it follows the life of Hazel Grace, a terminally ill cancer patient struggling with life, until she meets Augustus Waters. A charming young fellow who helps to make her life be seen as positive. 'The Fault In Our Stars' follows Hazel's and Augustus' adventures in their town and around the globe and the struggles they face in their short-lived lives.
Warning: You will shed a tear at this emotional film. Shailene Woodley is absolutely amazing, a brilliant actress and Ansel Elgort plays a very good Augustus - he's cheeky, charming and loveable. And overall brilliant movie, if you're into slushy romantic films then this should be at the top of your "To-See" list. I've seen it twice already!
I did a review of the John Green's novel here.


Favourite Songs:
1. George Ezra - Budapest
2.John Legend - All of Me
3. 5SOS - Don't Stop
4. Ed Sheeran - Sing
5. Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glyne - Rather Be
6. Pharrell Williams - Happy
7. Passenger - I Hate (Live from The Borderline, London)
8. Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea  - Problem
9. Demi Lovato ft. Cher Lloyd - Really Don't Care
10. Little Mix - Salute

TV Series: American Horror Story
My friend recently told me about this TV series and luckily the first 2 seasons were on Netflix, so of course I marathoned those! This TV programme is amazing. The first season, aptly named Murder House, focuses on a house that a family have recently purchased which is home to more than one inhabitant. And who doesn't love a cute couple (Tate and Violet).
The Second season is named Asylum, which is a little darker and crazier than the first. I have to admit with this season they intermingled a lot of stuff in which I was like how are they going to link this to that etc. However I still enjoyed it.
What I love about American Horror Story is that it's an anthology; each season is a separate story so you don't have to watch them in order and most actors who are a part of the series play different characters in each season e.g. Taissa Farmiga, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson and Jessica Lange.
I recently finished watching Season 3 - Coven. Which was amazing as well. From the name of the season you can tell it's going to be about witches, but what was awesome about this series was that it was set in modern day and some of the young witches were hilarious!
I will be doing a proper review of the series when the 3rd Series comes out on DVD so keep you're eye out later this year.
Also keep your eye out for Season 4 Freak Show - sounds intriguing!

Disney Film: Lion King 1 1/2 or 3?
Who doesn't love Lion King?!? It's one of my favourite Disney films ever! And what's better than having the story retold by, personally, some of the best characters Timon and Pumba. Released 10 years after Lion King, Timon and Pumba sit in a cinema flicking through the original film retelling their version of events and how life for them played out.
Honestly my friends and I love it. We maybe quote it a bit too much.

"Were you just picking your nose?" 
"No, I had an itch on the inside"
"It's either that bug I ate or I'm having an epiphany!"

App: Pintrest
My last favourite is a Smart Phone app/website: Pintrest. I have been loving this recently. You can literally find so many beautiful and amazing photos along with humorous gifs, and images. If you like instagram, especially when you see cutesy stuff then you'll love Pintrest. Plus it's free!!

Enjoy x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge