March Favourites


Album: Heartbreak Weather - Niall Horan
Niall's second album came out this month and I have been loving it. His style is very pop, indie, chill and it's what I'm really enjoying to play when I want background noise that I also want to listen to. During this period of being homebound I've found that I've been watching less films and prefer listening to music and Heartbreak Weather has been on heavy rotation. I'm absolutely loving No Judgement, Put A Little Love On Me, and Small Talk. Some of the songs also gave me some One Direction vibes, anyone else recognise this with his titular song?

Film: American Graffiti
Towards the end of the month I went through my film collection and made a list of the films I own but haven't seen yet. I have been slowly going through them. American Graffiti is George Lucas' second feature film, a few years before Star Wars was released, and depicts a group of high school grads last night together before they all set off for college and adulthood. It features a great soundtrack and stars some much known actors including Richard Dreyfuss, Ron Howard (director of Solo: A Star Wars Story), and Harrison Ford (Han Solo, Indiana Jones et al). I thought it was a great film and really shows the early on-set of American teens in films (before the classic 80's John Hughes films).

TV: The Big Bang Theory
For the past couple of months I have been watching The Big Bang Theory from the beginning and this month I completed the final season. I had never seen the last season and thought it was a perfect ending to a great show. The last episode was so sad and a bittersweet ending. I love The Big Bang Theory, it is hilarious and full of quotes that I use in every day life; the cast were amazing too and I'm going to miss that in a sitcom.

Game: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS)
This month was the release of the new Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch. And while I don't have a Nintendo Switch I did infact crack out my old Nintendo DS lite and started playing Animal Crossing: Wild World. I forgot how much I love the game and have been addicted to it ever since picking it back up. I'll admit my town was a little overgrown with weeds but after a couple of days I was planting new flowers and trees and upgrading my house. My F.O.M.O (fear of missing out) of Animal Crossing: New Horizons has calmed since playing this game.

Podcast: Kermode On Film
During this self isolation period I have been trying to find ways to pass the hours without sitting and watching a ton of films or TV. With that being said I was watching Youtube when a Jack Howard video mentioned that he collaborated with Mark Kermode, a great film critic, on a podcast called Kermode on Film, and with that I was immediately subscribing and have been listening ever since. It's only been less than a week since I've started listening, and I've started with their earliest episodes and then heading towards the most recent and I've been loving it. I really like the dynamic between film critic Kermode and film lover Jack Howard (who discusses films on his Youtube channel and made his own show with friend and fellow Youtuber Dean Dobbs) and how their discussions are truly that; they agree on some aspects and tropes of certain films and yet both discuss great opposing views. The most recent podcast I listened to was the pair discussing at great length the film The Shining (dir. Stanley Kubrick) and I thought it was really insightful. I'd highly recommend to any film fanatic.

Playlist:
1. No Judgement - Niall Horan
2. Time - Childish Gambino, Ariana Grande
3. Break Up Song - Little Mix
4. Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
5. What A Man Gotta Do - Jonas Brothers
6. In My Mind - Dynoro, Gigi D'Agostino
7. I Love Me - Demi Lovato
8. Body Like A Back Road - Sam Hunt
9. American Kids - Kenny Chesney
10. The Git Up - Blanco Brown feat. Ciara

Moment of the Month: Halsey's Manic Tour
At the beginning of the month we celebrated International Women's Day, and on that day my friend and I got to see Halsey perform at The O2 Arena in London. We had an absolutely fantastic time and I wrote about in a blog post here. It was such a great show and a highlight of the year already!

App: Disney+
Last, but not least, Disney+ has finally arrived in the UK. Woohoo!!!
I have been waiting for this to be released for months and I'm so glad that it has arrived at the most perfect of times. I've searched through the streaming service and made a list of things I'm eager to see and ecstatic to revisit (even wrote a blog post on this too). So far I have seen the first three episodes of The Mandalorian and I've been binge watching That's So Raven. I'm so happy to be revisiting my childhood and I love it.

Enjoy x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge