February Favourites



Can you believe it is already March?!

Artist: Aly & AJ
I used to be a huge fan of Aly & AJ when I was a teen, their music was so pop/rock and I couldn't help but sing-a-long... Potential Break Up Song and Into The Rush anyone?
Since those days the girls have taken a break and then come back to make more music together. They're latest EP Sanctuary came out in 2019 but I only discovered it this month and have loved their new vibe. Their new music heavily features electronic synths and has an 80's feel to it which I love. Some of my favourites from their EP is Church and Star Maps.

Album: Cuz I Love You - Lizzo
Lizzo has been having an amazing year so far, she is literally still going up in the charts and do amazing things to promote self love. From this I have been listening to her album more and more and absolutely love her and her music. She's also been having a fantastic month celebrating her nominations in various award ceremonies. In January Lizzo won three awards at the Grammy's (Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, and Best Urban Contemporary Album) and became iconic at the BRIT awards in February when during the show she chugged Harry Styles' alcoholic drink infront of him and Jack Whitehall. It was a very funny and iconic moment that will be remembered for years to come.

Book: The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 5 - Ryan North
I didn't really read much this month, kind of in a reading slump and have found that graphic novels are a quick and easy read that I have been enjoying at the moment. I have finally found the next volume of Squirrel Girl and I've loved jumping back into the kooky world. This series within the Marvel world is super fun and easy to read and I always love seeing how Squirrel Girl manages to get out of tricky situations.

Film: 1917
Possibly one of the best films I have seen this year so far. I was absolutely taken away by this film and its production. The film tells the story of two soldiers who leave their battalion to deliver a message to another troop that will prevent an attack on the Germans, and save thousands of lives. The soldiers have to climb over No Mans Land and through previously occupied Nazi trenches; the things that they experience are truly shocking to the audience and brings to light the true horrors that soldiers experience when at war.
This film was incredible, I can't stress this enough. The cinematography of the film was breathtaking. 1917 was shot to make it look like it was filmed in one continuous take and they did such a fantastic job to make it look that way. There were some fantastic shots in particular scenes too, for example (no spoilers) there is a night shot where flares are used to light the scene and it is depicted so well.

Playlist:
1. Like A Girl - Lizzo
2. My Oh My - Camila Capello feat. DaBaby
3. What A Man Gotta Do - Jonas Brothers
4. Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
5. You Should Be Sad - Halsey
6. Star Maps - Aly & AJ
7. Blinding Lights - The Weekend
8. Circles - Post Malone
9. 3am - Halsey
10. Sims - Lauv

Moment of the Month: London Comic Con Spring
On the last day of the month I went to the London Comic Con Spring and had a fantastic time. This was my first ever Comic Con and I had such a fun time exploring all the stores and seeing what the community is truly about. If you want to read more about it I wrote a post on it here.

Enjoy x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge