November Favourites


The month of November went pretty quickly, don't you think?



Artist: Lizzo
Lizzo has had a wild year and her successes just keep getting better and better. Her hit single Truth Hurts has become phenomenal and all about self love and self care. Hearing Truth Hurts I then listened to the rest of her work on Spotify and absolutely love some of her songs like Juice and Good As Hell.

Book: Shaun Of The Dead Graphic Novel
So I really haven't been in to reading lately, I am definitely in a reading slump. However, leading up to the Black Friday sales, I was receiving loads of emails promoting sales and promotions that had started early. Low and behold as I was scrolling through my emails I came across Forbidden Planets' Black Friday sale, Forbidden Planet is a comic book and fan-cultured store in London and also have other stores around the UK. It is a nerd heaven and I love it. Well I found the Shaun of the Dead graphic novel on there and at the price it was displayed at I purchases it without thinking! It was so cheap and I wanted to see how the graphic novel differed from the film or how similar it was to its predecessor.
I was not disappointed, it was such a quick read and I loved dipping back in to the world of Shaun and Ed. Still so funny and now I need to re-watch the film!

Film: Last Christmas
Leading up to the festive season Last Christmas hit cinemas and the trailers heavily featured it's great cast of Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones), Emma Thompson (Nanny McPhee) and Henry Golding (Crazy Rich Asians). The film focuses on Clarke's character as she struggles to find a home at christmas time whilst balancing her work life as an Elf in a Christmas store, she then meets Tom who shows her that there is more to life than her little corner of the world. It is a really lovely story and has a plot twist that some might not see coming. Although some critics compared it to Love Actually, I'd say it is a very different theme and feel.
It is a great romantic, more-to-life than Christmas story that most people will enjoy. Also the soundtrack has been composed of George Michael and Wham's music so if you're also a fan, I'd recommend it still.

TV: BBC's The War of the Worlds
This three-part mini-series was a bit of sleeper hit for me. I saw a trailer for it only a couple of weeks before it aired but I really enjoyed this adaptation of H.G. Wells' novel. Set in the nineteenth century very much like the novel, we witness George and Amy come across this curious shooting stars that have landed on the commons in Woking, only to be rushed into a world of chaos as machines rise from the ground destroying people and everything in their wake. George and Amy are split up and intend to reunite in London.
I really loved the aesthetic of the show it was dystopian and the colour palette was used perfectly. I like the way you knew if you were watching the past or the present, and how, without releasing spoilers, you were constantly made to guess what was happening for them to get from Woking to Amy's future self. I really creative production and I almost wanted it to continue further into their world.

Playlist:
1. Outnumbered - Dermot Kennedy
2. Look At Her Now - Selena Gomez
3. Play It Again - Luke Bryan
4. Die A Happy Man - Thomas Rhett
5. Butterflies - Kacey Musgraves
6. November Rain - Guns 'N' Roses
7. Toast - Smith & Thell
8. Undrunk - Fletcher
9. Walk In The Sun - McFly
10. Bubbly - Colbie Caillat
(Some old ones but goodies in this playlist this month)

Moment of the Month: Little Mix at the O2 Arena.
On the 1st November I saw Little Mix perform at the O2 in London for the LM5 Tour. It was a fantastic night and loved every minute of it. They are a true inspiration and role models to girls everywhere with one of their themes focusing heavily on female empowerment. I wrote a blog post on the night which you can find here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge