Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks


Release Date: 2010
Publishers: Sphere
Format: Paperback
Pages: 340
My Rating: 5/5

Love hurts. There is nothing as painful as heartbreak. 
But in order to learn to love again, you must learn to trust again.

When a mysterious young woman named Katie appears in the small American town of Southport, her sudden arrival raises questions about her past. Beautiful yet unassuming, Katie is determined to avoid forming personal ties until a series of events draws her into two reluctant relationships.

Despite her reservation, Katie slowly begins to let down her guard, putting down roots in the close-knit community. But even as Katie begins to fall in love, she struggles with the dark secret that still haunts her ...

Eventually, though, Katie realises that a choice must be made between a life of transient safety and one of riskier rewards...and that in the darkest hour, love is the only true safe haven.

********************

When I heard that there was a new Nicholas Sparks movie coming out (a while ago now) I knew I had to read the book before I see the movie! Luckily my mum, being quite the Nicholas Sparks novel collector, had the book and I jumped on the band wagon and read it.
And all I can say is WOW! It is the best Nicholas Sparks book I have read...so far!

I love Nicholas Sparks' writing style, how he makes you feel like you are the character, in this case, Katie...or Erin...or Erica. I thought this book was amazing, it contained so much character development and I loved the plot line. The good guy which everyone wants to be with and the villain who I'm hoping everyone hates. The ending was a shocker to me, I did not expect that, for anyone who has not read 'Safe Haven' yet I will not reveal anything other than what a shocking way the villain gets his comeuppance.

The book follows the life of a woman who is trying to escape her past and head for a new life. After trying numerous times before, being unsuccessful, she finally gets her break and heads for a different life, a safe one. Along the way she meets many new faces who becomes, friends, close acquaintances and lovers. Although she believes she is safe in this new place, her past is creeping ever slowly back to her as her past tracks down where she is. It's a race against time as the woman tries to protect her future from her past and must face the troubles that happen along the way.

This books is amazing, if you have not already read it the please!!! Read it! If you love something that does not necessarily surround sweet and innocent romance then this is a good book, I'd even suggest this book to a male reader. Yep that's right c'mon guys step up and read a book, by the author who is the same gender as you! Do it or feel my geeky wrath!!!!

I can not wait to see the movie!

Leave a comment stating how much you loved this book or not :)

Enjoy x

Author's Website:  Nicholas Sparks
GoodReads:  Safe Haven 

Available in most book stores and online now. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge