Lawson: Chapman Square Tour 2013


12th March 2013
at The Brighton Dome, Brighton.

Everywhere you go, my heart will follow
Down this broken road, I will be your shadow
When your heart is burning cold,
And your world keeps throwing stones
Everywhere you go, I'll be there...


Last Tuesday my friends and our mums and I had tickets to see Lawson in Brighton. On the morning of the 12th we opened our curtains to find a lot of snow (for Britain anyway) on the ground. We now had to make a huge decision...
Could we get down to Brighton?

My Mum and I kept refreshing the web pages for Travel News, the Weather, the Brighton Dome webpage and Lawson's twitter accounts.
By midday there were no news of the show being cancelled and the sun was shining, so much that I thought we would need sunglasses and the snow was melting! With that we all got in contact with each other and decided we would go and risk it.

After packing pretty much anything and everything in case it was to snow again and we would get stuck we then headed down to Brighton! We were surprised how quickly the car journey took us - probably because there were not many other cars on the road - and we parked and mooched around Brighton.
We found the Krispy Kreme shop and had some doughnuts and then we went into Churchill Square Shopping Centre to look at things that we couldn't afford.
Finally after having the classic McDonald's for dinner we headed to the Brighton Dome and joined the line. It didn't take too long to get in which was good as it began to freeze and the wind's were chilly!

I don't know if any of you have ever been to the Brighton Dome but the venue is amazing, it reminds me of an old theatre, which it probably might have.

Not before long the first of the opening acts came on stage. Room 94...
Room 94 consist of Keith, Dean, Sean and Kit (correct me if I'm wrong) who are a pop/rock band.
Room94 were brilliant, I loved all their songs they performed and when they finished my friends and I then stalked them on twitter @ROOM94 heehee
Can not wait for their single 'Chasing The Summer' to come out and an album as I will be buying! (*hint* *hint* boys)


The second opening act to perform was Mike Dignam...
Mike Dignam is a singer/songwriter who I guess could be compared to Jason Mraz (who I love, so of course I'm loving Mike Dignam)
And of course after Mike performed I then went on to stalk him on twitter, although it took a while to find as his account is @mikedignammusic

After the concert Mike Dignam's team were outside the Brighton Dome venue where they had buckets, which you donated however much money you liked to Dignam and you received his EP 'Paint'. Let me say his EP is addictive!! I don't think there has been a day since where I haven't listened to his album! It's on my iPod on repeat. In fact guaranteed if I were to turn on my iPod now Mike Dignam's music would probably pop up :)


Not before long Lawson performed!!!!

Lawson are a pop/indie/rock band that is made up of four members; Andy, Ryan, Adam and Joel.
@LawsonOfficial
Lawson were amazing. Although there were not a lot of people at the venue due to the weather, the crowds were amazing, we all sang along and rocked with them, despite being a quiet crowd we did sing a long to our hearts content. It seemed to me to be a very intimate concert as there weren't many of us, which I thought was amazing as it seemed more personal to us fans. You rock Lawson!!!!
The view was amazing, despite the poor image quality as the photos are taken from my phone, Lawson rocked the venue!
Of course who doesn't love singing the "ooooooo" to 'Taking Over Me'?
Or screaming at the top of your voice to 'Anybody Out There'?
Or "woooooaaaaahhhh We're gonna Make It Happen!"
Or their cover of Swedish House Mafia's 'Don't You Worry Child' mashed up with Flo Rida's (or Aviici's Levels) Good Feeling- that was amazing!!!

If you haven't heard of Lawson, seriously look them up. They. Are. Brilliant. !!!!!

I mean they were so good, my friends and our Mum's were dancing!! Yes that says it all!

At the end of the night, we were all on such a high from the concert that my friends ended up gangnam styling down the streets of Brighton and Harlem Shaking in front of the gym down Madeira Drive.
Sorry to any gym people who witnessed that.
P.S. I'm not sorry.


We're all crazy here. Go sell crazy somewhere else!

Lastly here is a pretty night life picture of the Royal Pavilion all lit up.
Queue the "awwwww so pretty"

For any Lawson lovers out there. Please comment your love for them and if you were at that gig mention how awesome it was.

Enjoy x

Links: 
Lawson
Mike Dignam
Room 94




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge