September Favourites


It's going to be a short one this month...


Artist and Album: Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent by Lewis Capaldi

I haven't listened to much new music this month, I've fallen into the trap of listening to the same old songs. But this album is one that I've constantly been replaying on Spotify over and over again.
I love Lewis Capaldi's voice and his songs are iconic. Someone You Loved is one that I'll never skip and same with Hollywood which has been my most listened to Capaldi song this month.
Lewis Capaldi has taken the world by storm this year and he can only be going up from where he is now.


Film: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood Dir. Quentin Tarantino


There was a mixture of films in the cinema this month and although I had seen a few I think this one was my favourite by far, with IT: Chapter Two being close second. Quentin Tarantino's ninth epic film stars the likes of Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie among loads of cameos including Dakota Fanning, Damien Lewis and Al Pacino etc.

I loved Tarantino's homage to Hollywood and the 60's and how it slightly altered the fates of the Tate family. I thought Brad Pitt was excellent in the film and I hope he is nominated for supporting actor in a few awards. I still think the scene where his character fights Bruce Lee is hilarious! DiCaprio was equally brilliant with his role as Dalton during the many films that were shot on set in the film. I also think DiCaprio and Pitt make an excellent duo. The film is very much a love letter to Hollywood and I loved the colours and location settings too.


TV Show: Jesy Nelson: Odd One Out

Jess Nelson, most famous for being a member of the girl group Little Mix, came out this month with a documentary about bullying and how it affects peoples lives. It was a really real, human and moving story. Starting off depicting how one of the best moments of her life (winning the X Factor) was ruined by comments online about how her appearance, highlighted the negative impact it made on her over the years as she entered fame. The documentary also features others who have been affected by bullying and trolling from online comments. Jesy reached out to those whose lives had been changed and it was really upsetting to see some of the families who had lost their child to bullying.

This was a really strong feature on bullying and I think it will help raise people's awareness more. I'd highly recommend this for everyone to watch.


Book: The Secret Loves of Geek Girls by Hope Nicholson

After delving in to graphic novels over the past year I came upon this book when I was researching Kelly Sue DeConnick (Captain Marvel). Initially this grabbed me just by the title alone, this anthology features various stories, essays and illustrated, depicting what it means to find love and the struggles and indecisions made in life when it comes to finding and being with the one you love, especially as a geek girl with a niche passion.

Each story told from a different author including Margaret Atwood (The Handmaids Tale), Noelle Stevenson (Nimona) and Marjorie Liu (Monstress), I enjoyed reading about how each author identified themselves and their feelings about falling in love, or their ideals of love. It truly shows that everyone is different and experiences love in many different ways. Despite it being about love it is also about identifying as female and the trials we go through in thinking we're good enough, or not good enough, and trying to make things work in the hope of getting your "happy ending". I enjoyed reading this book and will certainly be reading into some of the many authors' works in the future.


Playlist:
1. Mother - Charlie Puth
2. Hollywood - Lewis Capaldi
3. Take Me Back To London - Ed Sheeran feat. Stormzy
4. Don't Call Me Angel - Ariana Grande with Miley Cyrus and Lana Del Ray
5. Liar - Camila Cabello
6. Nothing - Bruno Mars
7. Nightmare - Halsey
8. Genetics - Meghan Trainor
9. Bad Guy (Billie Eilish cover) - NoMBe
10. Painkiller - Ruel


Also this is my 100th Post!!! Woo!!!


For the month of October I will be making things spooky on my blog...

Enjoy x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge