April Favourites

April has been a jam-packed month, but without further a do here we go...



Artist: Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift is back! And what a come-back. She has been giving us cryptic clues since her countdown began on the 13th, and finally released her single ME! on the 26th alongside a music video too. It is indeed a classic Taylor bop, think back to her 1989 era. Filled with cheesy happy lyrics on love and self-love, it certainly has become a chart hit from the get-go. The music video is very bubblegum pop too and filled with tons of easter eggs which Swift has said there are still loads yet to identify. I'll just sit here and patiently await the album title reveal.

Album: When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? - Billie Eilish
I've enjoyed listening to this album in April. It certainly has a different style to what I imagined, although most of the songs still have that haunting feel to them. I especially love Bad Guy, it's so different yet similar to her previous songs and threw me off completely when I first listened to it. I love the album as I can put it on and have it in the background or listen to it properly.

Film: Avengers: Endgame
Do not worry I won't release spoilers but oh my...this movie was AMAZING!
I was not prepared for what went down in the film, and I don't think any one could have called it until it happened. The actors/characters were amazing and I loved the atmosphere in the cinema too. One thing I love about going to the cinema to see an epic like this is that everyone in the screen witness the events at the same time, so it's always fun to watch everyone's reactions. Especially when you hear the odd sniff trying to conceal someone shedding a tear or laughing.
#Don'tSpoilTheEndgame.

TV Show: Game of Thrones
Game of Thrones is finally back on our TVs! I have been loving this season so far. Episodes one and two felt like a re-introduction and build up of what is to come. However episode three stole the show! Dare I say it was better than Endgame. I was not expecting the ending. Again no spoilers for those who haven't seen it. But episode three is now my favourite GoT episode EVER. I can't wait for the next episode! I can't believe we have only three episodes left, I don't want the show to end.

Book: Captain Marvel: Higher, Further, Faster (Vol. 1) - Kelly Sue DeConnick
After seeing Captain Marvel back in March and Endgame this month. I needed a fix of some kind to feed my post-Marvel hangover. I borrowed this graphic novel from my local library and really enjoyed it. I found that DeConnick's Captain Marvel, in which part of her representation was used towards Brie Larson's character in the films, was really fun and reading the stories felt like a continuation of the character I had seen on screen. I'm looking forward to reading the next volumes to see what else is lined up for Captain Marvel.

Playlist:
1. ME! - Taylor Swift and Brendon Urie
2. Okay - LANY and Julia Michaels
3. Bad Guy - Billie Eilish
4. I'm So Tired... - Lauv and Troye Sivan
5. NASA - Ariana Grande
6. Game of Thrones Theme (Cover) - Our Last Night
7. Criticise - Alexander O'Neal
8. Peer Pressure - James Bay and Julia Michaels
9. Can't Help Falling In Love With You - Elvis Presley
10. Touch - Little Mix

Moment of the Month: Shawn Mendes at The O2
This month I got to see Shawn Mendes in concert. My friends and I headed to The O2 in London and had a fantastic night. I wrote a blog post on it here. Shawn Mendes was incredible and his voice blew me away. Alessia Cara was Mendes' opening act and she was just as phenomenal. It was an unforgettable evening and I shall certainly hope to see Shawn Mendes in concert again.






Enjoy x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge