Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Release Date: 2012, My Edition: 2013
Publishers: HarperCollins Children's Books
Format: Paperback
Pages: 525
My Rating: 4/5

One choice can transform you - or it can destroy you


Tris Prior's initiation day should have been marked by celebration; instead it ended with unspeakable horrors. Now unrest surges in the factions around her as conflict between their ideologies grows.
In times of war sides must be chosen and secrets will emerge. Tris has already paid a terrible price for survival and is wracked by haunting guilt. But radical new discoveries and shifting relationships mean that she must fully embrace her Divergence - even though she stands to lose everything…

****************
As soon as I finished reading Divergent I had to pick up Insurgent. I wanted to know what happened after the ending of Divergent. It was literally a roller coaster of events all tumbling out one after another. Insurgent begins pretty much where Divergent left off and we are beginning to get our answers to the enigmas left for us in Divergent. Insurgent shows us a lot of surprises, new faces, old enemies, and a lot of trust issues from many characters. It is a whirlwind of events happening one after another, I know I just repeated a sentence I said a minute ago but Insurgent is that. There is not a moment for the characters, the main ones, to sit and chill, they are thrown in the deep end and have to figure their way out, whether working together or lying to protect one another. 

Although this took me longer to read than Divergent it was still an easy read. I have to admit during the middle of this book I was beginning to get a little bored as it was getting repetitive with Tris doing her own thing and not what others want her to do, then she finally came to her senses and started co-operating. The ending was awesome though. It really picked up with the fighting and the way the group had to get into Jeanine's laboratory (I'm not saying anymore, for fear of spoilers) and the events played out from here on. But the ending was good and it leaves you waiting and wanting to read Allegiance. I had the misfortune of finishing Insurgent on a morning train journey and for the rest of the day I was like "I want the Allegiant book!" so finally when I got home, despite being tired beyond belief I picked up Allegiant and read until I was struggling to keep my eyes open. 

Insurgent, as always with middle books in trilogies, fills us with more information and events that link the beginning to the end. It was an exciting book in which the ending was the best bit for me. I can't wait to see how the film will play out with certain events and whether they'll keep most of it in the screenplay. Definitely one of my favourite trilogies. Again if you've read Divergent don't leave the trilogy - carry on reading!

Enjoy x

For my previous review on:
Divergent

Author's Website:  Veronica Roth 
GoodReads:  Insurgent  

Available in most book stores and online now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge