Divergent by Veronica Roth

Release Date: 2011, My Edition: 2013
Publishers: HarperCollins Children's Books
Format: Paperback
Pages: 487
My Rating: 5/5

One choice can transform you.



Beatrice Prior is on the brink of a decision that will change her life. In a society divided into factions all are forced to choose where they belong. And the choice Tris makes shocks everyone, including herself.
Once decisions are made the new members are forced to undergo extreme initiation tests with devastating consequences. As their experience transforms them Tris must determine who her friends are - and if the man who both threatens and protects her is really on her side.
Because Tris has a deadly secret. And as growing conflict threatens to unravel their seemingly perfect society, this secret might save those Tris loves…or it might destroy her.

****************
I went into this book knowing the plot line; yes, I saw the film before reading the book, yet as always the book was so much better! I finished this book pretty quickly, I absolutely absorbed by this book, maybe it was because I had seen the movie so I knew what was coming but still the book contained so much more information than the movie so you get to see a little more into the initiation and the process that they have to go through let alone Tris struggling with being a Divergent. We also get to learn more about Peter and Al (the feels for Al!); how we begin to hate Peter for his actions towards not only Tris but others as well (I won't try to reveal any spoilers). And now there is a small area in my heart dedicated to Al, he seemed so nice despite his actions, I just wanted to reach in a give him a hug. 

I think Roth has an imaginative way of writing which works perfect with this narrative. It flows so well and even though I found it to be an easy read I found myself literally being transformed into this world. I will happily read this series again! I love Veronica Roth's way of describing the city and the landscape and their overall society; it's cleverly constructed to make it so believable and real to the point where I was like, this could actually happen, in the distant future possibly! 

Overall if you haven't read the book and you've seen the movie, or even if you haven't seen the film, I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who likes a good fight for survival, dystopian, in general action novel. I am seriously glad that I have this series on my bookshelf. Serious praise for this series. I look forward to reading the second novel, Insurgent. 

Enjoy x

Author's Website:  Veronica Roth 
GoodReads:  Divergent 

Available in most book stores and online now. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge