The Fault In Our Stars by John Green


Release Date: 2013
Publishers: Penguin Books
Format: Paperback
Pages: 313
My Rating: 5/5

"I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend" 




Diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 13, Hazel was prepared to die until, at 14, a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs... for now. 


Two years post-miracle, sixteen-year-old Hazel is post-everything else, too; post-high school, post-friends and post-normalcy. And even though she could live for a long time (whatever that means), Hazel lives tethered to an oxygen tank, the tumours tenuously kept at bay with a constant chemical assault. 

Enter Augustus Waters. A match made at cancer kid support group, Augustus is gorgeous, in remission, and shockingly to her, interested in Hazel. Being with Augustus is both an unexpected destination and a long-needed journey, pushing Hazel to re-examine how sickness and health, life and death, will define her and the legacy that everyone leaves behind. 

Goodreads Choice 2012 Winner

****************

After everyone talking about this book I finally jumped on the band wagon and read it. And WOW! It was definitely worth the hype. I have never had that much emotional response from a book before. The Fault In Our Stars is an emotional roller coaster, one minute I was laughing the next I was crying, for example when Isaac tells his computer game to "hump the wall". It was truly captivating. I fell in love with this book, slowly and then all at once. (Get it). It was beautiful and if you haven't read it I suggest you jump on the band wagon before it is too late. There's not much else I can say about this novel other than it is now one of my all time favourite books to read. Ever.
Maybe it's just me but I noticed how the book ends in a sort of cliff hanger much like An Imperial Affliction, who knows what happens to Hazel Grace? How long does she live after she finds the notes? 
Gah these are the questions that haunt me!!!

Also the movie people are adapting this beautiful story into a film. I can not wait! 


Little Quotes/Encouragements that I loved: 

"In the darkest days, the Lord puts the best people into your life"

"Without pain, how can we know joy?"


"That's the thing about pain, it demands to be felt"


"I fell in love the way you fall asleep, slowly and then all at once"


"My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations"


Enjoy x

Author's Website:  John Green 
GoodReads:  The Fault In Our Stars  

Available in most book stores and online now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge