March Favourites

Another month that has gone super quick, does anyone else agree?
Anyway here are my March favourites....



Artist: Sigrid
Sigrid has been my obsession this month... well technically only half of the month but since seeing her live I can not get her songs out of my head. It wasn't till I saw her perform that I realised I knew more songs than I originally thought. The Norwegian singer is most famous for her debut single Strangers, and has released songs like Don't Kill My Vibe and Sucker Punch - both in my playlist for this month. Her debut album Sucker Punch features all these songs and more, with upbeat party anthems as well as slower and chilled out style songs like Mine Right Now, which I'm also loving for it's 80's synth vibes. I would recommend her music to anyone and I'm sure you'd find a song by Sigrid that you'll find yourself tapping along too.

Album: Heathers The Musical (UK Cast Soundtrack)
Finally! After months of waiting the theatre gods have spoken and released Heathers The Musical Original West End Cast Recording! Heathers The Musical had a short run in the London West End in 2018 and became a superb hit. I went and saw the show THREE times! It had a fantastic cast including Carrie Hope Fletcher, Jamie Muscato and Jodie Steele, and also to give a shoutout to Carrie's understudy Olivia Moore who has amazing vocals and did a fantastic job too! The show is amazing and I'm glad to hear it's making a comeback to the West End soon. Since the show closed in November fans have had to wait till March to hear the UK version, plus new songs that were introduced to the West End's production. I have been listening to this album all month and have not got sick of it one bit. I am obsessed.

Film: Captain Marvel
Now that we've had a whole month for people to go out and see Captain Marvel it's about time I discuss it. This has been my favourite film this month. I loved that the film was set in the 90's and full of nostalgia - dial up connection, BlockbusteGuardians of the Galaxy. I enjoyed the back story of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) and how Captain Marvel links it all together to shows us how Carol Danvers will play a crucial role in the Avengers Infinity Wars saga. Viewers got to see Fury (without the eye patch) and Danvers form a hilarious friendship; but we can't forget about Goose the cat who Fury pretty much falls in love with and *SPOILER ALERT* leads to the demise of his eye. Flerkin who knew! The CGI was equally fantastic in this film and when watching I forgot that they had modified Samuel L. Jackson to look younger among other cast members and even Goose the cat.


r video stores and a good soundtrack taking similar musical elements to
 Captain Marvel really did a fantastic job of linking theories and elements of the MCU together and my mind has been racing since with possible theories for the Avengers, let alone the thousands of theory videos being uploaded to Youtube daily. Now I'm super excited and eager to see Avengers: Endgame and to see what the future of the Avengers will hold. Not long now!!

TV Show: Broad City
Four and Three and Two and One One...
I'm pretty sure this was mentioned in my last monthly favourites but Broad City has been my favourite again this month because it has finally finished. Be right back... I'm off to cry...
This is a fantastic show about friendship and all sorts of crazy that Abbi and Ilana get up to in New York. I loved the last episode, seeing faces from multiple seasons reunite, and truly didn't want it to end. But I know these two amazing women will definitely be making a comeback to our screens with future projects. Till then I shall re-watch Broad City again and again and again.

Playlist:
1. Don't Kill My Vibe - Sigrid
2. Candy Store - Heathers Cast
3. Delicate - Taylor Swift
4. Did You Hear The Rain? - George Ezra
5. Meant To Be Yours - Heathers Cast
6. I Can't Get Enough - Benny Blanco, Tainy, Selena Gomez, J Balvin
7. My Dead Gay Son - Heathers Cast
8. Sucker - Jonas Brothers
9. NASA - Ariana Grande
10. Sucker Punch - Sigrid

Moment of the Month: George Ezra at the O2
I got to see George Ezra play the O2 in London in March and he was phenomenal. I won't go into it too much as I wrote a blog post on it here. George Ezra performed brilliantly and I loved his little stories of his travels between songs. He played all the best hits, although I wish he sung the rest of his songs, and I didn't want the night to end. I mean, just look at the photo (right) of the paper lantern style lights floating above the crowd. But overall George Ezra was absolutely fantastic, an amazing night and I came out with a big smile on my face and singing his songs for the rest of the month.




Enjoy x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge