2018 GoodReads Challenge

Being an active reader I like to keep a note of what books I am reading throughout the year. GoodReads is an app which does just that, it's a way of listing the books you've read, want to read and are currently reading, as well as reading others reviews on books and becoming a part of a book community.

For the last couple of years I have been taking part in the GoodReads Reading Challenge; you challenge yourself to read a certain number of books in the year, and the choice is all yours. You could target yourself to read ten books or fifty plus books and GoodReads will track your progress as the year goes on. Last year I challenged myself to read 30 books in the year and I actually surpassed that target to read 40! That was pretty impressive for myself. This year I thought I would keep it simple and try to achieve 30 books again....

...I actually managed to read 32!

Below is the list of books that I read in 2018:



1. IT - Stephen King
2. I Am Malala - Malala Yousafzai
3. Big Little Lies - Liane Moriarty
4. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - Stephen R. Covey
5. Ready Player One - Ernest Cline (re-read)
6. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl - Jesse Andrews
7. Snotgirl Vol. 1 - Bryan Lee O'Malley
8. Armada - Ernest Cline
9. Norse Mythology - Neil Gaiman
10. The Lost World - Michael Crichton
11. The Enchanted Places - Christopher Milne
12. Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore - Robin Sloan
13. Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury
14. Wild - Cheryl Strayed
15. To The Lighthouse - Virginia Woolf
16. The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
17. Paper Girls Vol. 4 - Brian K. Vaughan
18. Hunger - Michael Grant
19. ODY-C Vol. 1 - Matt Fraction
20. The Collected Poems of Wilfred Owen - Wilfred Owen
21. Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver
22. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
23. The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 4 - Ryan North
24. A Simple Favour - Darcy Bell
25. Code Name Verity - Elizabeth E. Wein
26. Molly's Game - Molly Bloom
27. Marked - P.C. Cast (re-read)
28. Betrayed - P.C. Cast (re-read)
29. How The Grinch Stole Christmas - Dr Seuss
30. The Dinosaur That Pooped Christmas - Tom Fletcher and Dougie Poynter
31. Chosen - P.C. Cast (re-read)
32. Untamed - P.C. Cast (re-read)

There were some truly great reads and some which I don't plan to pick up every again but that's the fun of reading, you don't know what you're truly getting yourself into until you turn the page.

For 2019 I will challenge myself again to read 30 books, let's keep it consistent.

Happy Reading Everyone!

To see my 2017 GoodReads Challenge click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge