July Favourites


 Music, books and more...


Artist: Rita Ora & Jessie J At the end of July I went to the Sound Island Festival in Kent where over the weekend tons of popular British music acts performed. Acts such as Bebe Black, Little Nikki, James Arthur, Giggs, Plan B, Union J, Joywride, MK1, The Vamps, Lawson and of course Rita Ora and Jessie J. These girls were fantastic (as well as the other acts!!!!) Even though a thunderstorm occurred during Rita Ora's performance it didn't stop her from having a dance in the rain and getting the crowd moving. Jessie J (who had lovely sunny weather) got the crowd pumping in the sunshine and was her herself by giving some words of advice to the crowd, telling them to never lose faith and do what you love, and added a improvised song about a fan in the audience. They are brilliant performers. 


Album: Rita Ora - Ora As I saw Rita Ora at the festival it only seemed appropriate that her album should be a favourite as I have been constantly listening to it ever since. It has a bit of everything, mainly music to get you dancing and bopping along. There's not a song on this album that I wouldn't listen to, it's brilliant and I have to say next time Rita's doing a tour I may have to go! 

Book: Ready Player One - Ernest Cline This is the best book I have read for the month of July, it was utterly nerdy and I couldn't put it down. A must read for everyone even if you don't know much about gaming (like myself). For a more information I have linked my review on this book just here

Films: Safe Haven I had been wanting to see this movie ever since I read the book back in March (Review here) and now that the film has finally come out on DVD, I grabbed at the chance to watch it. I have to say as with every other book to movie adaptation there are clear differences but I thoroughly enjoyed the film, I think they got the town of South Port spot on. The Safe Haven dvd also came with Dear John which I had never seen before and also really enjoyed apart from the unfinished ending. Expect reviews on the films soon.


TV Series: Supernatural Season 8 Supernatural has finally returned to our UK screens this month and it's still jammed pack with sibling problems, angel problems and Dean and a friend from Purgatory. So far I am absolutely loving it! Although it does seem like Sky Living are trying to get the series out of the way by having double episodes every wednesday but I'm not complaining! 

Favourite Songs: Room 94 - Superstar
                             Ariana Grande - Baby I
                             Lawson - Brokenhearted
                             The Wanted - Walks Like Rihanna
                             Duke Dumont ft. A*M*E - Need You 100%
                             Selena Gomez - Come and Get It
                             Daft Punk ft. Pharell Williams - Get Lucky
                             John Newman - Love Me Again
                             Will.I.Am - Bang Bang
                             Eliza Doolittle - Big When I Was Little
                     
Beauty: Rimmel London Scadaleyes Eyeshadow Paint I have been looking for a new eye shadow kind of thing and I have been unsure on buying the creme/gel eyeshadows such as the Maybelline 24hr Tattoo eyeshadows as it makes me wonder if they'll dry out really quickly. But I saw these Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Paints and thought these would be interesting to try, I purchased the colour Rich Russet which is now my favourite eyeshadow to wear. It's a brownie-taupey colour with shimmery glittery bits in it and I love it! They stay on your lids the whole day too which is fab. Usually I have a problem with eyeshadow fading or creasing but this has been the best I've found so far. 

Disney Film: Mulan Nothing screams I don't want to grow up like a Disney movie! Recently I have been watching the Disney movies I own on video; Disney's such as Hunchback of Notre Dame, Beauty and the Beast, Hercules and Mulan. All of these films I used to love as a kid and I still love them now. I mean who wouldn't want a library like the one Beast has in his castle which he shows Belle, but Mulan is such a kick ass heroine who does everything to protect her friends and family and puts herself second. Also who doesn't love Mushu (voiced by Eddie Murphy) he is just a fab side kick to have along with Cri-Kee. You can never go wrong with a Disney movie!

Other: Nintendo DS - Animal Crossing: Wild World So recently I've been sorting out my room and I stumbled across my Nintendo DS and as usual when you are doing one thing you get distracted by another; I began to play Animal Crossing Wild World  and ever since I've been addicted to playing it. I decided I'd create a new character and town and start from scratch and what I really love is the adventure of it. Trying to catch fish and bugs to donate to the museum or sell to Tom Nook and paying off the mortgage for your home and making it bigger. It never ceases to amaze me and I rarely get bored! I spend hours on it, usually in the evening before I read. This game is amazing! Do any of you remember playing it or do you still play it? 


Enjoy x




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge