August Favourites

Hey! Guess who's back...again!

I've been away for nearly four months travelling and have loved every minute of it and now I want to share some of the things that I have loved most in the month of August...


Artist and Album: Lover - Taylor Swift
I think it comes as no surprise that Taylor Swift is my favourite artist and album of the month. She is one of the most talked about females in the music industry with the release of her seventh studio album Lover. She is a role model to her fans and people everywhere and has really shown her true emotions with this next chapter of her life where she advocates for women's rights, political rights, and more importantly human rights and the LGBT community to name but a few.
Although I'll admit the album isn't my favourite of hers, it sure is a bop with some of the more listened to songs being Paper Rings, London Boy, The Archer and You Need To Calm Down. It is one of those albums that the more you listen to it the more you will love it.

Film: The Lion King (2019)
I didn't see many films this month that were new releases but I did get the chance to see a double bill of The Lion King and Toy Story 4 at a Drive-In movie park in Fort Worth, Texas. This was such a cool experience, sitting in the back of a truck and watching the latest movie on the big screen, plus I got to see the remake of one of my favourite Disney movies!
After hearing so much controversial discussions around the film before its release I was hesitant to see it. I was happy that they kept "Hakuna Matata" in and my favourite characters in the story are Timon and Pumba. I thought the visual effects were amazing and was really impressed with the overall aesthetic of the film. It really shows how far technology and art have come since the 1990's. But my only qualm is that the film didn't blow me away, it was the exact same as the cartoon but the improvement of technology is the only reason Disney remade it; just like they did with The Jungle Book and Beauty and Beast among other recent releases. I wasn't wowed because I had seen it before but I can appreciate it for the technological revamp...and nothing will stop me singing along either.

TV Show: Supernatural
After moaning for months about the lack of Supernatural being on UK screens, especially when season fourteen has been aired completely in the US and on their media platforms, I was finally able to watch season fourteen on American Netflix. I was so happy that I got to catch up on the show, and trust me I binge-watched this season as quickly as I could. The team and cast of Supernatural announced this year that season fifteen would be their final season and I'm so sad about it, but I after watching the latest season I kind of felt that the show is coming to its finale. I love the character development throughout the seasons and will always be one of my favourite shows.

Book: The Sun Is Also A Star - Nicola Yoon
I didn't read as many books as I had planned over the summer but I did get to read this really sweet novel. Set over the course of one day the novel focuses on Natasha and Daniel as their paths cross in New York city. I read this after my friend gave it to me, having previously read it, and it became a sort of book passed around at the summer camp that I worked at. I really liked the set up of the novel and how everything comes full circle, you get the beginning and end of all relationships in the story and it was a really heart-warming read. I really loved the ending how some minor characters came back to the foreground (if you've read it you know). The novel was recently adapted into a film which I'm very excited to see now that I have read the book.

Playlist: 
1. I Warned Myself - Charlie Puth
2. 3 Nights - Dominic Fike
3. New Light - John Mayer
4. Truth Hurts - Lizzo
5. Teeth - 5SOS
6. Have It All - Jason Mraz
7. Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
8. Bounce Back - Little Mix
9. You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift
10. I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber

Moment of the Month: Travelling the U.S.A
In the month of May I left the UK to go and work at a summer camp in America. This has been the best experience to date for me, I met so many amazing people who quickly became friends for life. I worked at the camp for a little over two months and I have learnt new skills and made amazing memories from it. When the summer camp finished I left with a few friends from camp and we went travelling along the South-West of America, from Texas to California, and it was the trip of a lifetime. Expect future travel posts from this trip as I got to experience some of the best places in America. I'm very much looking forward to going back and exploring more of the USA one day!

Enjoy x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge