February Favourites


Long time no see, let's kick it off with some of my favourites from this month...


Artist:
George Ezra
This month I found out that George Ezra is back! I have been a huge fan of his since I first heard Budapest back in 2014. Ezra has recently released his new single 'Paradise' and I am obsessed! I do not know how many times I have played Paradise this month, it's crazy!

George Ezra also released a podcast in February aptly named 'George Ezra and Friends'. His first episode featured Ed Sheeran and so far three episodes have aired. His podcast is really funny, insightful and honest with Ezra asking his features questions about the music industry and how they deal with "fame". If I were you I'd give it a listen as it really makes you think about the person and how the celebrity world affects them and how it inspires them.


Album: The Greatest Showman
This has been a recurring favourite since January. I have seen this film twice in cinemas and had to buy the soundtrack immediately after the first viewing. The soundtrack is incredible and the songs are so different in all kinds of ways. Whenever I press play on one of the songs I immediately get transported back to that precise moment in the film.

Book: He Named Me Malala - Malala Yousafzai
I was in a bit of a reading slump after completing IT by Stephen King in January (at last). I picked up this book wanting a completely different approach to reading, yet I could not grasp
the horror and experiences Malala has been through. Her story was eye opening and heart breaking and gave me a new found respect for her story which I knew so little about before. Not only does she describe her life and upbringing as a "modern" girl in Pakistan she also talks of her country's history and it is fascinating to realise why she is fighting her cause.

Film: Lady Bird
With The Academy Awards coming this weekend I tried to watch all of the Best Motion Picture nominations. Greta Gerwig's film was one that blew me away. It's funny, it's endearing, and it's damn relatable. The mother daughter relationship was one my friend and I totally understood, if not related too, in one context or another. I loved how Saoirse Ronan and Laurie Metcalf portrayals were really dynamic and they really bounced off each other in their shared moments. This truly is a coming-of-age film about the struggles of finding yourself.


Black Panther
I had to mention Black Panther, I was super excited for this movie to see what all the hype was about. And if I am to be honest, I have yet to think of a fault with this film. It's funny, it's cultural, its political. It is exactly what Marvel, and albeit Disney, needed to keep them up with current agendas. All the actors and actresses were superb especially Chadwick Boseman as the lead, Michael B. Jordan playing Killmonger was incredible, Lupita Nyong'o,  Letitia Wright and let's not forget the bad-ass warrior played by Danai Gurira. The look of the film is also beautiful, they really focused on making this the best looking Marvel film to date considering most of the film is designed through CGI.

TV Show: Grace and Frankie
I didn't really watch many TV shows in the month of February however Grace and Frankie has been a recurring show that I have binge watched. I recently finished all four seasons and although I found it a show you could watch while busy doing other things I still ended up glued to the programme. I really love the chemistry between Lily Tomlinson and Jane Fonda and the characters are all so pure and funny.

Playlist:
1. New Rules - Dua Lipa
2. Perfect Symphony - Ed Sheeran and Andrea Bocelli
3. Better Man - Little Big Town
4. The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
5. Paradise - George Ezra
6. I Will Follow You - RIVVRS
7. Atletico (The Only One) - Rae Morris
8. Found It In Silence - HAIM
9. Touch - Little Mix
10. So It Goes - Taylor Swift

Moment of the Month: Aladdin at the Prince Edward Theatre
At the end of this month I took a friend to the Theatre for their birthday and we went to see Aladdin in London. It was a super fun evening and the Genie was incredible, he stole the show! I have to admit the musical did start off slow but once the Genie was involved everyone was hooked, it was lively and everyone was dancing in their seats and really enjoying the show. Some of the stage productions were amazing as well, the creation of Aladdin and Genie in the cave was spectacular, but I won't divulge, I'll let you experience it for yourself.

Enjoy x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge