2017 GoodReads Challenge

In 2017 I challenged myself to participate in the GoodRead's Reading Challenge; this gets you setting yourself a target, however big or little you decide, to which throughout the year your profile tracks your progress and goals. And luckily last year they added to ability to include "re-reading", you could include books you've already read and would reread in to your goal. Adding the option of rereads books was amazing as we've all been there with reading slumps and the joyfulness of rereading a loved book shouldn't go to waste on your yearly target.

Without further a do for 2017 I challenged myself to read 30 books...





...I actually managed to read 40 books!

Below is the list of books that I read. I can't believe I read that many books but looking back on the list I have read a wide array of genres and formats.

Books that I read in 2017:

  1. The Dead Girls' Dance - Rachel Caine (re-read)
  2. Midnight Alley - Rachel Caine (re-read)
  3. Feast of Fools - Rachel Caine (re-read)
  4. Lord of Misrule - Rachel Caine (re-read) 
  5. Carpe Corpus - Rachel Caine
  6. Paper Girls Vol. 1 - Brian K. Vaughan (re-read) 
  7. Fade Out - Rachel Caine
  8. Kiss of Death - Rachel Caine
  9. Paper Girls Vol. 2 - Brian K. Vaughan
  10. Ghost Town - Rachel Caine
  11. Bite Club - Rachel Caine
  12. Last Breath - Rachel Caine
  13. Black Dawn - Rachel Caine
  14. Bitch Planet Vol. 1: Extraordinary Machine - Kelly Sue DeConnick
  15. Bitter Blood - Rachel Caine
  16. Fall of Night - Rachel Caine
  17. Daylight's - Rachel Caine
  18. Brave Enough - Cheryl Strayed
  19. We Were Liars - E. Lockhart
  20. World Mythology in Bite Size Chunks - Mark Daniels
  21. Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher
  22. The Martian - Andy Weir
  23. Midnight Bites - Rachel Caine
  24. How To Build A Girl - Caitlin Moran
  25. Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar - Cheryl Strayed
  26. The Power - Naomi Alderman
  27. Make 'Em Laugh: Short Term Memories of Longtime Friends - Debbie Reynolds
  28. Filmish: A Graphic Journey Through Film - Edward Ross
  29. You Deserve A Drink: Boozy Misadventures and Tales of Debauchery - Mamrie Hart
  30. Wuthering Heights - Emily Brontë
  31. Everything, Everything - Nicola Yoon
  32. The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
  33. Paper Girls Vol. 3 - Brian K. Vaughan
  34. The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 2: Squirrel You Know It's True - Ryan North
  35. One Of Us Is Lying - Karen M. McManus
  36. Life Moves Pretty Fast: The Lessons We Learned From Eighties Movies - Hadley Freeman
  37. The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 3: Squirrel, You Really Got Me Now - Ryan North
  38. Low Vol. 1: The Delirium of Hope - Rick Remender
  39. Seriously...I'm Kidding - Ellen Degeneres
  40. Milk and Honey - Rupi Kaur

There were some truly great reads in there, and maybe now in 2018 I'll get back in blogging and reviewing some of my reads.

I found the GoodRead's Reading Challenge super fun and have continued it this year by targeting myself to read 30 books. Let's see if I will do as well if not better than last year. And for anyone enquiring I'm currently reading IT - by Stephen King.

Enjoy x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge