July Favourites

Is it me or is this year flying by?



Artist: Neon Jungle
Neon Jungle have been one of these girl bands who have been under the radar for a while. This British girl group formed in 2013 yet no one had really heard of them till their release of 'Brave Heart'.  Then they released 'Welcome to The Jungle' (also the title of their album) and most recently 'Louder' a pop ballad that has shown that they are not just a dance floor jam group. You should also check out their underdog song which was released quite a while ago but people tend to forget which is 'Trouble'; a cheeky upbeat song which does make you feel like "here comes trouble".

Album: 5 Seconds of Summer
Ok so their album came out at the beginning of the month (I think) and I bought it the day it came out. WOW! I love their music. If you are a fan of previous bands like All Time Low (who helped to co-write with 5SOS' album) and Good Charlotte (who also co-wrote) then you will love 5SOS's album with its pop, indie, rock vibes. But that's not all they have the awesome song 'Amnesia' which seems more ballad than indie with its soothing guitar intro and their voices. If you haven't heard of them already - where have you been! Check them out!! If you love them check some of their previous songs out too on YouTube or iTunes!

Book: My Life Next Door - Huntley Fitzpatrick
I absolutely loved this book in which it is now one of my favourites. Gah! The feels! Huntley Fitzpatrick has an amazing way of writing and there is an unexpected plot twist in the novel. A really good chick-lit contemporary novel. I won't say too much as I have done a review on this book here,

Films: From Up on Poppy Hill
I finally got round to watching this recent Studio Ghibli creation and I actually rather enjoyed it. Like most Studio Ghibli films it is cute, has a beautiful story and the animation is truly spectacular! I shall be doing a review on this soon so keep your peepers open! If you live in the UK 'From Up on Poppy Hill' was on Film4 and usually in August Film4 have a Studio Ghibli week. If they don't do that this year keep your eyes out because there is always a Studio Ghibli film sneakily hidden in the TV listings! If you have never seen a Studio Ghibli movie I would seriously recommend you put it on your Bucket List.

Favourite Songs:
1. Neon Jungle - Louder
2. 5 Seconds of Summer - Amnesia
3. Charli XCX - Boom Clap
4. Ellie Goulding - Goodness Gracious
5. Ella Henderson - Ghosts
6. Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love
7. Kiesza - Hideaway
8. George Ezra - Budapest
9. Ed Sheeran - I See Fire
10. Neon Jungle - Trouble

TV Series: Primeval
I have recently been re-watching the UK series of Primeval and my love for the series has returned. I have been re-watching the series on Netflix where all the series (1-5) are on their at present. As a child I used to be obsessed with dinosaurs (I still am) and I used to love watching Walking With Dinosaurs in which the creators of W.W.D teamed up with Primeval to help create realistic creations of these creatures that appear in every episode. If you are fascinated by long extinct creatures, and some not extinct creatures like the Dodo, then you should watch this series. Yes some people do criticise it but it's not a drama, its a fun, slightly comical but more action TV series. The show surrounds a group of misfits scientists who discover that creatures from the jurassic period and beyond are appearing in modern day and it's their job to find out how to get them back. Of course there are a few troubles along the way. I will be doing a review on the complete series so keep your eyes out soon!!

Other: Models Own Nail Varnish
So I want to mention two nail varnishes from Models Own that I have been loving this month. But I think before I get into them I could tell you a quick story as to why I bought these. So I was with my friends shopping and one of my friends wanted to buy a Models Own nail varnish. We got to the stall which sells them and the lady working informed us that they had an offer on: 6 nail varnishes for £20. That seemed like a good deal as the nail varnishes usually range at £5 each so essentially you get two free and save £10! Originally I didn't want to buy any and my friend only wanted one in particular. Then the lady was like we are also giving away free Models Own eye liner pencils with every purchase. So we thought why not and we grouped together and bought three nail varnishes each.

Beach Party: This nail varnish I had been after for ages! I'm slightly obsessed with the colour orange, even writing this I can seen about seven things in my room that are orange and that's without looking up from the screen. As I had been after this colour for ages I thought whilst the deal was on I would hunt for it and buy it! Alas I could not find it in the array of nail varnish colours on display so I thought I would ask the lady working who replied "that is a very popular colour and we don't have any in stock at the moment". To which I was like ok, bit of a shame, but I'll keep on looking. She then came back to me and said "hold on a moment I'll look through some of our drawers and see if there are any" so she went away and starting searching. To which, to my luck, there was one unopened bottle of Beach Party that she had found. At this point I was like YAY! I'm so happy I got this colour as it is now my colour for Summer. It is such a bright orange and it makes me slightly looked tanned even though I'm pale! But yeah it's awesome!!

Southern Lights: This colour I literally fell in love with when I picked it up! I don't usually go for glitters as I hate the pain of trying to take them off and it takes forever to scrub all of the glitter off! This nail varnish though, I picked it up and immediately drawn to it like a moth to bright light! It is such a pretty colour. It is predominantly purple but with silver and rainbow glittered flecks in it. Sounds crazy but the image to the right was the closest I could get to showing you the amazing colours in the varnish. If it isn't on my nails (which is when I'm wearing Beach Party) then I usually stare at in the light so I can see all of the flecks. Images really do not do it justice. If you have a Models Own counter near you: go and check out that nail varnish!
If you aren't into purples and more pinks they had a Pink version called Northern Lights which has gold flecks!!

A bit of a rambled favourites yes!

Enjoy x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge