August Favourites


Here it is, that time of the month again. Where is this year going? It's going by so quickly!!
Anyway sorry for the delay but here it is, my August Favourites...



Artist: Ariana Grande - She has been flying around the media for the month of August. With her highly anticipated debut album that comes out in September and with her duet with Nathan Sykes (The Wanted) on 'Almost Is Never Enough' for the Mortal Instruments Soundtrack. Theres nothing this girl can't do! I love her, she has an amazing voice and she's incredibly sweet and funny. 
If you haven't already heard of her or her voice then check out her YouTube Channel

Album: Mortal Instruments Soundtrack - With the Movie debuting across the globe in August, yes of course I went to see it, the Soundtrack was the first thing I bought at going to watch the movie. And the soundtrack was AMAZING!! The soundtrack has various genres of music featured such as bass pumping dance music, slow and haunting songs like 'Almost Is Never Enough' (Ariana Grande and Nathan Sykes), 'When The Darkness Comes' (Colbie Caillat) and 'Heart by Heart' (Demi Lovato). And of course we can't forget Jessie J's dance song 'Magnetic'. It's an all round brilliant soundtrack.


Book: 172 Hours on the Moon - Johan Harstad - I'm not going to say too much about this book as I have reviewed it here. All I'm going to say is Holy Moly it's amazing and if you haven't read it, What Are You Waiting For? Go Read It!

Films: Mortal Instruments: City of Bones - I have to admit I hadn't read the books before but I'm currently reading City of Bones (expect a review). The film was amazing! I loved how they involved nearly all supernatural elements and creatures into the movie. They had great actors playing great characters, it's an amazing world to live in! I loved Jamie Campbell Bower as Jace and Lily Collins as Clary Fray and of course Robert Sheehan and Simon!!!

Usually here I put favourite TV Series but at the moment it's still Supernatural, season finale next wednesday :'( !!!! So instead of having the same TVseries in my monthly favourites I thought I would include something similar...

Studio Ghibli - I have been loving Studio Ghibli movies this month. At the beginning of August Film4 were showcasing Ghibli movies each morning, and some at night, to which I recorded pretty much all of the ones I hadn't seen. Studio Ghibli movies I watched in August are: Spirited Away, Ponyo, Arrietty, Kiki's Delivery Service, Whisper of the Heart, The Cat Returns and Howl's Moving Castle. I loved all of these movies, some more than others, so expect reviews as I have a back log of movies to review! I just need to the time to sit and compose each blog post !!!!

Favourite Songs: Almost is Never Enough - Ariana Grande and Nathan Sykes
                          Lost Generation - Rizzle Kicks
                          Baby I - Ariana Grande
                          Tattooed Heart - Ariana Grande
                          The Weight of Living - Bastille
                          Take Back The Night - Justin Timberlake
                          Burn - Ellie Goulding
                          It's Time - Imagine Dragons
                          We Own The Night - The Wanted
                          Heart by Heart - Demi Lovato

Enjoy x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways To Be Productive During Self Isolation

2020 GoodReads Challenge